MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod/plugin Theme problem. New to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:"(01-15-2009 09:00 AM)MattR Wrote:
If you're on createmybb, you can't upload themes or plugins as that hosting service (nothing to do with us by the way) doesn't give you FTP access."

Ok, i just spent like another hour and i figured out about the whole createmybb thing not being able to upload with it, i got a web host, bytehost: http://demise.byethost14.com/

01-15-2009, 02:19 PM Post: #6
MattR
Support Team

RE: Help Theme/plugin/template? New to mybb
Glad it was helpful

Ok, what plugins are you trying to install??

Ok, so starting a new thread here because i'm using the MyBB1.4 and this was posted in the 1.2

I am trying to install eqDKP, i have very small problems installing this, i got it to actually work but had problems with a few things on it.. i downloaded the "Stable" Download from http://eqdkp.com/?p=download

so i install it using the install documentation in it, at one point it asks me what MySQL database to use, i made another database, so i had the bk_1441231(w/e)_Demise which is the one i used for my forum and made another one bk_1441231(w/e)_eqDKP The install of this mod (eqDKP) is pretty much the exact type of install for the MyBB1.4, as you browse to yoursite.com/eqDKP/install/install.php and it asks you a whole bunch of ?'s and asks what server/domain/database/login/pass etc.

First question, should i be making a seperate database for this "Mod"? or can i / should i just use the bk_1441231(w/e)_Demise database (being the database i selected for MyBB to use)

either way i got it to work with using the 2nd database but have so many problems using it, this i know should be query'd with the people who created this mod and i've been looking and looking but they have no help in the forums, all the posts (where i downloaded the 2 plugins i need for this) are from 2006.

Anyway my second problem/question is still these themes.. I've tried about 20+ themes i've found on this site just to see if i could get them to work and either A. i install (using the instructions of the OP) and get error A. "this theme was not made for this version of MyBB (or something along those lines) please check the ignore version compatibility" i check it, set the theme as default, browse to my site and get a bunch of images that don't load with the [x ] all over the place, and the colors/tables don't line up or match, or i get no error, it is compatible, but again when i browse to this (following instructions of OP either put the images in /images upload the .xml or unzip the whole theme into the root directory and again upload the .xml) when i browse to it after setting to default theme i get the same [x ] on all the images but the tables and such do line up this time, and the colors look like they should. I don't get it >.<

well any help on these themes and an aswer as to wether or not i'm doing this whole mod/plugin deal correctly would be appreciated.. If anyone actually wants to physically help i'll give you my login and pass and maybe you can see by looking at it if there's something i'm doing wrong.. thanks ahead of time.
(2009-01-17, 01:05 PM)midoris Wrote: [ -> ]should i be making a seperate database for this "Mod"? or can i / should i just use the bk_1441231(w/e)_Demise database (being the database i selected for MyBB to use)

There is no way that we can answer that, as we have absolutely no idea at all how this eqDKP works, or how it integrates into MyBB.

As for the themes, you say you see loads of broken images, did you upload the images for the theme to a new folder in ./images/ ?? And if you did, is the path correct in the theme settings??
Editing this because i forgot to mention my 3rd problem..

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the host i'm using (byethost) http://demise.byethost14.com/ Or if i'm just doing something wrong

But i can't get any FTP clients to work on this.

they're all pretty much the same idea, i've used filezilla, coreftp, and a couple others, they ask for the login and such.

i enter all my info
FTP Server: ftp.byethost14.com
FTP Username (FTP/SQL): b14_2867992
FTP Password (FTP/SQL): **********

and i get on coreftp
Quote:welcome to Core FTP, release ver 2.1, build 1591 (U) -- © 2003-2009
WinSock 2.0
Mem -- 1,048,048 KB, Virt -- 2,097,024 KB
Started on Saturday January 17, 2009 at 08:16:AM
Resolving ftp.byethost14.com...
Connect socket #628 to 209.190.85.248, port 21...
Can't establish connection --> ftp.byethost14.com:21 @ Sat Jan 17 08:16:50 2009 (0-5)

or filezilla:
Quote:Status: Resolving address of ftp.byethost14.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

So i can't upload certain files above a set size, which is considerably low, i cannot instal a few header files (for themes) like the World of Warcraft one on this site http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42419.html by sephiroth which looks reeeeeally kickass.

anyways again, any help would be appreciated >.< sorry for the long posts Sad
well the eqDKP mod is basically it's own thing, like i'd make a parent forum with a child under it that would link to mysite.com/eqdkp and it has nothing at all to do with the forum, just a link in the forum leading to this and have the site in it's url of my forum.

and as for the themes i'm gonna install on right now and tell you all the steps im using, right now installing this one: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-39426.html

ok i just typed out step by step everything i did, this theme is now working.. so that was alot of wasted time, sorry >.< but i did these exact same steps with at least 15 other themes on this site and none of them worked.. but anyways i guess i did something different that made this work. sorry for the waste of time =x still have no clue why the ftp thing isn't working
You'll have to ask them how to install the mod, it isn't MyBB support.

And again, the FTP thing isn't MyBB support either. You get a file manager with Byethost, why not use that??
(2009-01-17, 01:50 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to ask them how to install the mod, it isn't MyBB support.

And again, the FTP thing isn't MyBB support either. You get a file manager with Byethost, why not use that??

ok i'm asking questions like "am i doing something wrong" if it's not mybb support then who is it? i'm just asking "did i do something that maybe YOU wouldn't do for connecting to and uploading ftp?" "would it be smart to make seperate databases for seperate mods, like i have one for the mybb forum, eqdkp is completely different" i myself don't know the terms and such used, i would call mybb a mod because it's something like a program that sets up on a web shell that turns blank data into something, just like eqDKP is a mod that installs seperately.. the install readme on this "mod" is 3 years old, and basically says to install it the EXACT SAME WAY the tutorial on this site says to install mybb, everyone who uses this dkp uses it alongside a forum, they'd have their forum, it'd be set up like "general chat" link to threads "applications" link to threads to apply to the organazation using the forum "game stuff" threads to random game discussion and "DKP" which leads to a completely different site, but on the same host. forum would be like "mysite.com/forum" dkp would be "mysite.com/forum/dkp" it's all the same stuff.. i just want to hear "can't help you because i'm not allowed to" or "yeah the ftp.site.com won't work to login you need to use this which can be found on your CP here"

when i used to make webpages like 15 years ago i used to get a web host, and in that web host create files and write html in them.. i can't do this for applications and programs and why would i when there's so many things you can just install like installing a program on your computer.. i have NO CLUE what a database is, if you can't help me just say you can't.. otherwise i can continue on like everyone else seems to do on this site and give simple answers that have no solution like "why don't you use the ftp program on byethost" "cuz i don't want to" it's not that simple.. i know exactly what i want to do and after about 3 days of figuring out exactly HOW i could do this i found i could download a program called MyBB and i'd be able to do it all from there.

eqDKP cannot work without something like myBB or phpBB loaded on a web host, i cannot connect to this web host using FTP, i don't know why it would matter wether this is or isn't a myBB support issue, I just want to know if anyone can think of any reason why this isn't working or any way to fix it.

my apologies for being so web-site-creation illiterate, and my apologies for thinking this was the right place to ask. If there's no answer then looks like i'm screwed because after googling everything i am trying to figure out, i either get redirected to a forum who's last post was 2-4 years ago, or Here..
My point was that this support forum is for problems with core MyBB, and neither of your problems are covered by that support. We don't have to give support for 3rd party FTP programs or plugins here. And as I doubt anyone here knows how this DKP works, I don't think anyone will be able to help, even in the plugin support forum, as nobody here created it. Seeing as they created it, asking them would be the best thing to do. Also, an issue connecting via FTP isn't a MyBB problem, it's a problem connecting to the server, you'd have the same issue whether MyBB was installed or not.