MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Progress in ARS for PR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
hey,

um i was wondering what happend with the update for the alternative reputation system so it works on PR version of mybboard.

Is it under workingConfused

thanks in advance
Smethead said he would convert the rest of his mods at a later date:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...1#pid26201
i know , that smethead said that, but i;m asking now what happend , i mean i had a simillar answer a month ago Smile

anyway, omgsh all i have is to wait
:Big GrinBig Grin
I'm working on it. It's not all that easy converting it to one single file, you know. I'm currently looking for a script to edit php-files without having to open them manually. The current script I have can only change a file once. After that, I have to remake the reputation2.php file and then test a bit and it's done. And as soon as I find a working script to edit the files, All other mods will be converted much quicker.

[EDIT]The reputation2.php page already works. It didn't had to be changed very much. Now only the editing files script remains.

[EDIT2]Due to the large demand of making this mod PR2 compatible, I attached it to this post. Read the install.txt file carefully. These files may not be published anywhere else as they are not the final files. It's still editing files manually, but the mod can be activated and deactivated through the adminCP.

This mod is not fully tested. I'm not to be taken responsible for anything that happens. If some people want to test it, you're free to do so. If any errors occur, please send me an email: [email protected]

File location changed: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...8#pid26708
[EDIT3]New improved version attached. Still in testing phase. The files you have to edit are also included for the lazy people. ONLY USE THESE WHEN YOU DID NOT YET EDIT THE FILES!!
Smethead Wrote:I'm working on it. It's not all that easy converting it to one single file, you know. I'm currently looking for a script to edit php-files without having to open them manually. The current script I have can only change a file once. After that, I have to remake the reputation2.php file and then test a bit and it's done. And as soon as I find a working script to edit the files, All other mods will be converted much quicker.

[EDIT]The reputation2.php page already works. It didn't had to be changed very much. Now only the editing files script remains.

[EDIT2]Due to the large demand of making this mod PR2 compatible, I attached it to this post. Read the install.txt file carefully. These files may not be published anywhere else as they are not the final files. It's still editing files manually, but the mod can be activated and deactivated through the adminCP.

This mod is not fully tested. I'm not to be taken responsible for anything that happens. If some people want to test it, you're free to do so. If any errors occur, please send me an email: [email protected]

[EDIT3]New improved version attached. Still in testing phase. The files you have to edit are also included for the lazy people. ONLY USE THESE WHEN YOU DID NOT YET EDIT THE FILES!!

Excellent, I will start testing now. Thanks!
Smethead. I'm making another EI version just for you (well you seem to be the only person who wants it Toungue).

Same things. Install, uninstall. No backups this time though. Directly editing the files. Noone used it last time so I'm not wasting my time again.

Nearly finished. Writing docs and stuff now.
I get a
Quote:Warning: fopen(./narssettings.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/webdevot/public_html/inc/plugins/nars.php on line 18
MyBB Error
Could not open file!

Error when I try to activate....
CHMOD the file?
decswxaqz Wrote:CHMOD the file?
ROFL....I can't believe I forgot about that. Lol...thanks! [Image: blush.gif]
kodaks Wrote:
decswxaqz Wrote:CHMOD the file?
ROFL....I can't believe I forgot about that. Lol...thanks! [Image: blush.gif]
Maybe I should add that in the readme file. It works when you chmod, right?

decswxaqz Wrote:Smethead. I'm making another EI version just for you (well you seem to be the only person who wants it Toungue).

Same things. Install, uninstall. No backups this time though. Directly editing the files. Noone used it last time so I'm not wasting my time again.

Nearly finished. Writing docs and stuff now.
Can that be run through the plugin? Cuz that should be extremely useful. I mean so I only need to use a command like
require './ei_functions.php';
ei('./this_ei_file.txt');
in the activate function in the plugin file and when I deactivate I'll just use another ei_file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5