MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Current time does not accept zone change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the myBB 1.4.4 and I my database is running MySQL 4.1.14. My probem is the Current time in the upper right corner does not accept a change.

I know this has been talked about before, but none of those are a fix for this problem.

I go to the CP > Board Settings and change the time zone to -8 (California). And nothing changes. I change it to a +whatever, still no change. My forum is stuck on the myBB default time zone. So for me and my forum we are into tomorrow for most of the day because the default time zone is not accepting the change and is 8 hours ahead of us.

I don't know if there is something I need to edit. This one thread said to make a time.php I tried that too, does not help.

Any insight would be greatfull!
You need to change the timezone in your User CP, Edit Options
(2009-01-17, 09:55 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the timezone in your User CP, Edit Options

Yeah, if you're doing it in the ACP that'll only affect new users and probably guests, too.
Thank you.
Is it possible to force the time for all users everywhere to see the time I want them to see? I use the forums to coordinate events in (potentially) all 24 timezones, and showing local time is not helpful.
Perhaps you should just post what time zone the event is in. E.g. Face Painting at 9:00am GMT +10

Although I'm sure there is a SQL query you could run to update everyone's timezone to what you want it to be. It may just annoy other users.
I could do the post, but all the participants know the time already. I'd much prefer that the time show relevant information over what they should already know.
I think there's a column in the suers table for time offset and it's just a positive or negative number depending on that time difference needed.