MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for an education system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am soon opening my own security officer firm in IL. After I get done with the licensing and LLC stuff. I want to provide my officers an online system where they can login and take exams and what not. The training will be advanced security and taking exams and learning more can help them get into supervisor positions and stuff like that.

Is there a good education type cms out there? What would you all recommend I use?

I want to be able to use images and text like for example. I want to place the written part of the armed security certification on the online university for officers to complete before I take them to a firing range to complete the shooting part. I want to be able to add questions and even images if I could.

Thanks!
Never used it, but I know of colleges that have: http://moodle.org/
Moodle
or
Blackboard

You really need to try them to decide which one you like.
Moodle, my mom used to use it for her class.
My schools uses moodle too.
moddle is probably the most popular that's for sure.

I would recommend looking at OpenSource CMS though.

However you could also probably take something like Drupal and make a module for tests/quizes pretty easily.
(2009-01-18, 01:14 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Blackboard

NO! The Uni I go to switched to that from Brightspark (something which funnily enough was written by a company run by an old student) and it is absolutely terrible in comparison.
I thought I saw one on Opensourcecms.

You should check there.
(2009-01-18, 08:30 AM)MrD. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 01:14 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Blackboard

NO! The Uni I go to switched to that from Brightspark (something which funnily enough was written by a company run by an old student) and it is absolutely terrible in comparison.

Oops...
I saw Blackboard discussed on Moodle's forum, and thought it was Open Source and free.
Blackboard is commercial, and some people really don't like it at all. Wink

######

Moodle:

* Moodle is powerful and very easy to use, if you don't try to modify it.
* They have a large community of users; Sometimes you can get help right away.
* IMO, learning to make custom modifications is much harder than MyBB.
Well the reason it was probleby Comerical cause they know that schools would be willing to pay for it.
Pages: 1 2