MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: expand mybb capabilities past the forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey just wondering if its possible to move the login logout function to apply to my whole website, so when i user visits the site they can log in and use that same log in to use forums as well as upload files etc via another page that i have

is it worth the effort? im not overly worried, would only want it as a security measure really and also to encourage users to join the site/forum

thanks
You'll need to modify your html files, or php files(however you did your site) to include some scripts. But if you want and have the time, I can tell you how.
Basically what most people do is create a whole new CMS around it.
(2009-01-18, 04:18 AM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what most people do is create a whole new CMS around it.
To be honest, it's actually easier to implement MyBB into an HTML page(that allows PHP) than it is to create a whole new script - just to integrate the login.:p
I know. Integrating the login just logs you in to the forums, but you need to do it to the main site. Since I am integrating my forums into my site, I may ask you sometime for how to do it.
(2009-01-18, 04:23 AM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]I know. Integrating the login just logs you in to the forums, but you need to do it to the main site. Since I am integrating my forums into my site, I may ask you sometime for how to do it.
Alright, just PM me when you need help.