MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to edit portal.php for this to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-01-20, 01:00 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Did what DennisTT post work for you? If so, I'll make a tutorial for it.

Never tried those, but I look at the threads, and a lot of people say it works for MyBB 1.4.x.

I just like the idea of using the portal itself, I wanna make a theme that uses the portal, kinda like what empyron did....Before they went VB (traitors!)
(2009-01-20, 01:07 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-20, 01:00 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Did what DennisTT post work for you? If so, I'll make a tutorial for it.

Never tried those, but I look at the threads, and a lot of people say it works for MyBB 1.4.x.

I just like the idea of using the portal itself, I wanna make a theme that uses the portal, kinda like what empyron did....Before they went VB (traitors!)
Hm. I might make the tutorial in a minute. Not sure how many want it though.
(2009-01-20, 01:10 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-20, 01:07 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]

Hm. I might make the tutorial in a minute. Not sure how many want it though.

I'll look at it, and maybe a tutorial on how to fully integrate a custom google search box in?

I did it a bit, but I never got it fully done. Toungue
(2009-01-18, 11:23 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 06:34 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, lets say I upload MyBB to a sever.
And there is no forum folder, just the contents.

Now I named index.php to forums.php
And I rename portal.php to index.php

I want the portal to act as the site homepage, but the login box will not take them back to the newly made index page, or forums.

I use my portal exactly this way Smile

You need to modify
"inc/init.php"

define('INDEX_URL', "index.php");
change to
define('INDEX_URL', "forums.php");

it appears twice, edit both

I didn´t find the old thread with this tip...

Hmm, I´ve read your post again... this will redirect to forums.php, I don´t know if works with a different/folder file if you want that way
I tried this and it is NOT working for me!

NEVERMIND!
I got this to work!
Pages: 1 2