MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I delete numerous users at once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I rescently merged my phpbb2 forum into a MyBB forum. The PHPBB2 forum had has a CRAP ton of spambots register, and I'm in the process of deleting numerous, like hunderds of pages worth of users, I wanted to delete more than one at once if at all possible. Thanks!
It would probably be easiest if you did it via phpMyAdmin from the users table.
That way you can tick all the users you don't want any more and click delete. :]

Before you do anything in phpMyAdmin though, take a backup.
(2009-01-18, 08:35 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably be easiest if you did it via phpMyAdmin from the users table.
That way you can tick all the users you don't want any more and click delete. :]

Wow dude, quickest support response EVER

Thanks for that.

I've not done anything in that really. I'll def make a back up, sure I can figure it out. Thanks again man. REALLY appreciate it.
Hehe.

It's fairly self explanatory in phpMyAdmin. Just have a browse around and you will start to understand after a little while.

Best of luck mate. :]
Is there going to be a better option to delete many users at once with the next MYBB release? A check box system next to each user name would be useful as not everyone is adept to fiddle about with phpmyadmin.
(2009-01-18, 08:44 AM)zachdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 08:35 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably be easiest if you did it via phpMyAdmin from the users table.

Wow dude, quickest support response EVER

Thanks for that.

I've not done anything in that really. I'll def make a back up, sure I can figure it out. Thanks again man. REALLY appreciate it.
MYbb allows you to make a backup with in the admin cp.
Due to the rather permanent and serious nature of deleting users, I'm not sure I want this as a checkboxable option ...
If it wasn't on the main screen, i.e. you had to go into a sub-menu or something, and then confirm it, it could have its uses for some people.
(2009-03-25, 05:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Due to the rather permanent and serious nature of deleting users, I'm not sure I want this as a checkboxable option ...

Members if given the permission are able to delete threads or posts so in my mind it would be no different.
Pages: 1 2