MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pool images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm just having a mess around with SFML and Box2D by creating a 2D pool game. The only problem I have is that my programmer art skills suck big time, especially when I only have a touchpad to work with so I was wondering if someone here could make me some sprites?

I would give you credit in the form of a name and link (which is the same amount of credit I give myself).

I would need (in PNG format):
- 16 x 16 px images for each ball colour (white, black, red and yellow)
- A pool cue (don't know what size, just so it looks appropriate next to the balls)
- A pool table/background image (see attachment).
- An arrow which was separate from the power metre (see attachment) so I could move it as the power level changed.

[attachment=12390]

I really wouldn't expect someone to spend a lot of time on this, but I bet you can create in 5 mins what would take me a few hours.

Thanks if you help, no worries if not.
Quote:I really wouldn't expect someone to spend a lot of time on this, but I bet you can create in 5 mins what would take me a few hours.

not really, even for a designer this takes time

i'll give it shot, can't guarantee anything because i'm good at designing banners/logos/websites and GUIs

Quote:- An arrow which was separate from the power metre (see attachment) so I could move it as the power level changed.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean, elaborate a little
Thanks, they don't have to be great but at the minute I can't make anything; even making that mock-up took me 20 minutes because of this touch pad.

In essence the power metre would be part of the background marked "POWER", I would then need an arrow/bar/something which could be used to represent the current power level (in essence it just has to be a separate image that can be overlayed on-top of the background).
Did this in like 25 minutes while eating lunch, doing stuff like this ain't easy and requires attention (i know that the middle holes aren't exactly in the middle, ill fix those when i get home)

[attachment=12391]

i g2g now, need to pick up gf, i'll get on the rest later tonight
Legend, thanks. Now I can start to see the table bounds properly, funny blobs bouncing around a white screen on invisible edges is a little hard to debug.
Here's the cue+power, also i've centered the mid holes.

[attachment=12395]

The basic idea is that the user grabs the cue and pulls it to increase power(just like at coolpool, yahoo pool, etc)
I've put the boxes in bottom as placeholders, also note that at the size of the table the balls ahve to be bigger than 16x16px.

Currently i don't have time to continue work on this, so i'll finish the lot in the upcoming days
Thanks, do the balls really have to be bigger than 16px because that might very well mess up my maths.

Also, the player interactivity with the cue down there would make it more difficult for me to manage. Just a gradient for the power level and a marker would be fine; the cue looks nice but it would also need to be a separate image so I could manipulate it.

Sorry to be a pain, and no worries about time. Thanks again.
yea, the balls have to be bigger than 16x16 px, because as you see the holes are in relation with the size of the table, this means the balls need to be bigger, if i make them 16x16 px the game will be too easy
Then can't the pockets be made smaller? I like to keep things like that in powers of two, so the next size up would be 32x32 which is quite big in comparison.
If the holes are smaller it'd really look out of line with the size of the table.