MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lite Blue - Need Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys & gals,

I've started to dabble into MyBB theming just this afternoon and I came up with this "Lite Blue" theme a few hours back.

Since I'm first timer and I'm not really sure what most users want, I'm here for some feedback Smile

Attached are screen captures of the index, forumdisplay & showthread pages with the Lite Blue theme.

All criticism and suggestions are welcome. Big Grin (Please make it constructive so that I can learn from it)

If it's all good, I might make a "Lite" series of different colors Toungue

NOTE: I will be customizing the on/off/offlock images and the table styles.

EDIT: Updated the index screeny with the new on/off/offlock images. Will be doing the table styles tomorrow.

EDIT2: Updated screenies with latest modification of the panel. Will work on the GDK and table styles soon.

EDIT3: Updated screenies with latest changes in the table styles Smile Next up is forum buttons!

EDIT4: I think I've more or less finalized this theme unless someone else has further constructive feedback or suggestions as to how it can be improved. Screenies have all been updated with the latest styles and images. There are screenies for the guest index view, admin index view, admin forumdisplay view, admin showthread view and admin member profile view.

[attachment=12428][attachment=12427][attachment=12429][attachment=12430][attachment=12431]
The header bar is great where it says home search etc. The rest needs work to flow. Also maybe a light background or something.
Isn't this just the default with a different header?
Brad, every theme is just a default theme with a different header, footer, set of icons and table header bgs.
(2009-01-19, 10:55 PM)hamster Wrote: [ -> ]Brad, every theme is just a default theme with a different header, footer, set of icons and table header bgs.

hahahahahahaha is this seriously your defense
Brad, like I said. Constructive feedback please. If you say it's too "unchanged", tell me what makes you feel it and I'll change it.

I'm not seeing any constructive feedback coming from you yet, quite a disappointment from me I must say. No offense there. I hope that others who reply will seriously tell me what is wrong instead of just saying it is wrong.
What's wrong is that it isn't customized enough yet. Honestly, I won't take a theme seriously unless it's replaced all of the image files at the least (system icons notwithstanding).
So you're just talking about the table heading backgrounds and colors and the GDK stuff... unless you're saying those tiny 18x18 icons should be changed too in order to be recognized as a theme?
I personally like it, whether it's basically unchanged or not. I'd change the thead, and tcat images though - just to make it flow. Also maybe change the link colors, some font colors, etc.

Regards,
TomL
Thanks Tom, but I think Brad is right Smile I'm not taking any offense from all his criticism as this truly is my first time theming for MyBB and I hope to learn what is wanted from a user's perspective.

Anyway, I've changed the way the panel is displayed and updated some styles. (New screenies Toungue)

Will be working on the thead bg and tcat bgcolor later to make it "flow", like Tom said Smile I think I'll darken the blue of the link colors slightly to make it more contrasting on the bgs.
Pages: 1 2