MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was tinkering around with the application settings. I tested the Forum Rules option in the Admin CP. It works perfectly fine, if I select the option to have them displayed. If I select to have a link, the link appears but points to an inactive Forum. I noticed the url specified fid=1.

Is this something I configured incorrectly or possibly a bug?

I must give some praise to the Developers of this application. In comparison to phpbb, it's a pleasure using this system. Very clean with complete control of the Boards and the Users. Outstanding Job!
Is this a default feature.....?? I don't think there is a rules page in default MyBB Smile
Hello MattR,

Thanks you for viewing and responding!

I wouldn't specify it's a default feature, meaning it's already constructed. This was implemented in the Forums section of the Admin CP. A space is allocated for Forum Rules in this section. Above the Rules is a drop down with three options. They are (Summarizing) Dont Display, Display on the Forum, or Display a Link on the Forum.

If I selected to have them Displayed, it worked perfect. However, the Link would not display the Forum Rules, after clicking on the link. I'm content with them Displaying on the Forum. I thought there may be an oversight in this particular part of the application.
Oh the rules there, ok, sorry I had a rules page plugin in mind, I do apologise Smile

See if this helps you:

In ACP:

[attachment=12410]

Forum Display:

[attachment=12411]

On Click:

[attachment=12412]

I think what you're doing is giving the URL of the link to existing rules, but what it means is it just add a link to the forum that links to a new page displaying rules set out in the ACP.
It worked that time. It didn't load the rules before. Last time I simply wrote, "Test the Rules," when I tried implementing. It didn't appear after clicking the link.

I appreciate your help Matt.