MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: force massmail also if the disabled to receive mails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

i have an little problem, i have some users who are in some special usergroups, from time to time i wanna send them an important nore over mail or pm, but many have disabled to receive messages from admins.
Is there an way that i can send mails or pms to some groups also if the have disabled to receive mails.
I think this option was avaible on 1.2.x if i am right Smile, i miss that for 1.4.x, can anyone give me an workaround or solution for this, please.

Regards,
cHarOn
I don't think you can unless you remove the option for them to stop them. It sounds like you may as well do this - why give them the option to stop admin emails if you'd just overrule it and send them anyway??
How can u remove the option, i would like to know?
Give me 30 minutes (I'm at college and gotta go home Toungue) and I'll give you steps Smile
Thanks Wink
the thing is i wont make this for all users, because i also send out massmails to normnal users every 2 or 3 months (newsletter), i want the override because this is an betatester group, where users gets added and removed again also, sometimes they didnt realize that they deactivate that at registration Smile, so i wanna do it if really needed, because i dont wanna spam them.
So i wanna have an option to just override the settings for really important things Big Grin
(2009-01-20, 03:44 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]How can u remove the option, i would like to know?

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Member Templates > member_register > find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>

And then in PHPMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `allownotices` = '1' WHERE `allownotices` = '0'

Make sure your table prefix, mybb_ here, is correct. This will remove the option in the UCP, remove the option on registration, and set all current users to receive emails from admins.

(2009-01-20, 04:17 PM)cHarOn Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is i wont make this for all users, because i also send out massmails to normnal users every 2 or 3 months (newsletter), i want the override because this is an betatester group, where users gets added and removed again also, sometimes they didnt realize that they deactivate that at registration Smile, so i wanna do it if really needed, because i dont wanna spam them.
So i wanna have an option to just override the settings for really important things Big Grin

I'm quite sure that's not possible without a plugin.
ic ok Sad damn
can u provide steps for phpmyadmin pls?
and how do i set all users to recieve emails
(2009-01-20, 06:46 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]and how do i set all users to recieve emails

:| You use the query..... you have to go into PHPMyAdmin, click your database from the list on the left, click 'SQL' at the top, and paste the query in.
Pages: 1 2