MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachment permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Mybb, liking it but having a learning curve. I want to make it where someone has to post X amount of times before they can use the attachments, I don't know how to make where a new user is put in a group till they post x times then is automatically put in group with attachments allowed. I saw user titles had post count promotion but how to attach this to group or get the new registrations to be in limited permissions group till they actively post x times.
Any Help here or point me to documentation explaining this.
Thanks
Poreman
You can make it so the registered group has no attachment permissions, make a new group that does, and then promote users to that group when they reach the required postcount.
(2009-01-20, 08:40 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You can make it so the registered group has no attachment permissions, make a new group that does, and then promote users to that group when they reach the required postcount.

I saw the little promotion utility, and thought about that but wanted to see if there were alternatives.
Thanks will use this method
Poreman
Make sure you don't make the promotion affect all groups though, make sure you specify the usergroups it will effect, otherwise you may demote yourself.
Still seems to have a problem made promotion to promote from registered group to new group.
Promotion Requirements * -> post count
Post Count -> 10 -> Greater than or equal to
Original User Group * -> Registered
New User Group * -> New Group

Didn't know whether to pick primary or secondary tryed both ways same results.

Only three users promoted more met criteria, they're a lot more, in registered with 10 + posts

also ran rebuild and recount on post count

what could be fouling it?
Thanks
Poreman
I used sql update to put 10+ post count in new group\

update mybb_users
set usergroup = 24
where usergroup = 2 AND postnum > 9

24 is ID of New Group, 2 is Id of Registered Group

Using Promotions utility as stated above post what criteria wasn't met to promote 10 + post count. Running promotions 4 users were set to new usergroup, using sql update 40 + users updated. Would like to know why other users wasn't included in the promotion utility.
Thanks
Poreman
I have a feeling it may add the new group as an additional group, but not as their display group.