MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When upgrading page freezes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
* Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
-im trying to upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.4 and and it starts to go through the steps then it just freezes and is no longer moving...the pages says its done loading but the 'next' button doesnt appear...

* URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://www.thescrewshop.com/board/

* New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
upgrade 1.2.6 - 1.4

* Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
na

* Screenshot or error text, verbatim
[Image: 11smrmo.jpg]
I haven't used the upgrader in a long time, so I'm not sure, but does it give you the option to chose how many to process per page? If so, try lowering the number from 5000 to something like 1000.
Also see if there is anything in your server error log, if you have access to it.
If past experience is anything to go by, go to 1.2.14 and then 1.4. I don't know why but 1.2.2 doesn't seem to like going to 1.4, I've seen that about 5 times,, but if you go via 1.2.14, it's ok.
(2009-01-21, 10:31 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If past experience is anything to go by, go to 1.2.14 and then 1.4. I don't know why but 1.2.2 doesn't seem to like going to 1.4, I've seen that about 5 times,, but if you go via 1.2.14, it's ok.

where would i dl older versions aka where would i dl that pack?
[Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
now when i go to upgrade all i get is a blank page...
Yes, you see the blank page when going from 1.2.6 to 1.4.4, but if you go to 1.2.14 first and then 1.4.4, you might not see the blank page.
no...when going from 1.2.6 to 1.2.14 i get a blank page...
Then you'll probably have to talk to your host.
Pages: 1 2