MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regarding parsed data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

If I post any url in post content with more than 60 characters it will be trimmed into some small url by embedding ..... between the url.

I configured this for 60 length in acp.

In vbulliten there is one table called postparsed which will store such information...

Is there any equivalent table in mybb which will store parsed data or this will be Handled in php functions?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
I think it's handled in PHP functions, but I could be wrong. What exactly do you mean by parsed data?
No posts are parsed on the fly by inc/class_parser.php. Posts are not cached in HTML form.
Parsing on the fly is required because some MyCodes need information about the viewer, and not just the poster. One such example is to hide / show content based on whether the viewer is a guest.
(2009-01-21, 03:17 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's handled in PHP functions, but I could be wrong. What exactly do you mean by parsed data?

YES You are right. It is handling by the php functions. But I don't know what is the exact php function which is handling it.

Yesterday I have successfully written bot for MyBB which will check all rapidshare, megaupload etc links.

But the thing is we need to run that bot manually or by using cron.

I am trying to convert that into plugin so that it can check all external links in post data on the fly while loading the post.

I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the quick response and I need guidance from GURU's to convert that into plugin. Please PM me if anybody interested in converting that into plugin..

I am relatively new to this MYBB Era.
(2009-01-21, 04:54 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Parsing on the fly is required because some MyCodes need information about the viewer, and not just the poster. One such example is to hide / show content based on whether the viewer is a guest.

True, but those are external plugins or modifications. In a future version we will probably have a pre-post-parser and a pre-signature-parser