MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i installed mybb 1.4.4
a message appears
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /www/hostrator.com/m/y/g/mygoldpot/htdocs/forum/index.php on line 11

what do i do??
Contact your host,
Was a clean setup? or Upgrade?
check this:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42815.html
I very much doubt it's a host issue or the issue in that thread.

Did you edit any files or templates, or add any plugins??

Also, more descriptive thread titles are useful. Calling it 'problem' is meaningless. Think about people trying to search...
This isn't a host issue. Have you modified a file or template? Have you installed plugins that modify files or add templates?
i hav just installed it done nothing
This was also a problem with me when some one exploited index pages of my forum.
Then I just downloaded MyBB sript again from MYBB site and uploaded only index.php pages again on my site and it worked. This error appears when there is a problem in syntax of the code of particular page. I experienced this error many times while editing templates and files of my forum. In your case it means that there is an error in the code of your index page on line 11.

So. Just upload the default index page in MYBB script to your forum directory again. This will only work if you haven't installed any plugins that change index.php.

Hope it helps.
thanks alot DIMSKK
u r great person