MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Urgent! Need help deciding...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, first things first how lucky am I to stumbled on MyBB while browsing Phpbb forum. Hmmm wonder why that there is no so much mention of MyBB around. Anyway I need suggestions from you guys who have been around MyBB.... I run a forum website for a group high school students been using PHPBB but instead of writing articles I been busy updating patchesSad Its been hacked, defaced to pieces since its introduction, vr 2.0.17 seems more hack proof though...the biggest flaw of PHPBB other than the security issues is the absence of sub-category or child forums and as a result this makes me try to do a switch to SMF. Oh boy was i wrong! The students hate it saying it b*tt ugly. So I took a paid vacation for a week to decide on the new site and 4 days have passed and I still back to where I started. Just today I stumbles across MyBB and I hope you guys can help.....

1. Does MyBB has sub category or child forums?
2. I see MyBB is now on PR2, will I have problems upgrading later when it turn Gold? Is PR2 stable enough for my traffic volume of 2000 students and members?
3. Will you guys ever go away albeit Invision PB, vBulletinSmile

Please enlightened me cos i dun wanna walk down the road of IPB and vBulletin....

Regards.
1. Yes (there are some on this forum as well)
2. Upgrading will be easy, there's little difference between the PR2 code and the code that will be Gold. We're simply fixing the bugs, not introducing any new features. This forum is running PR2 fine and we now have over 2,000 members. PR2 should be able to deal with these numbers easily.
3. I don't know what you mean with that question. If you mean if we'll go paid, then the answer's no Smile
Thanks for the prompt reply and assurance. The burden is finally "LIFTED!!!". I will convert my high school forum to MyBB right now. It was so stressful the last 4 days reading reviews from various websites about BIG paying forum solutions are better than free ones (PhpBB) and getting replies suggesting me to go ahead with their solutions. Its high school for chrissake we dont have the funds to pay $180 for a forum software!!!

Will spread the word around to my PhpBB using friends.

Regards.