MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple Survival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive worked very hard for 2 years to give a place for normal people to learn to be prepared with out changing there life styles just adding to it. It seems like every other survival and preparedness site are ruined with paranoia. So we cut out the paranoia and concentrate on the advise and facts.

Simple Survival
I think a few forums could be consolidated into each other.
Love the concept, but the design is kinda a deterant. Sad
I don't like the theme at all, and you have a number of spelling errors showing on the forums titles and subjects.
(2009-01-22, 07:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I think a few forums could be consolidated into each other.

Two years ago when I started the site the lay out was voted on by the members so its kinda what we became known for. we started out with phpbb 2 then upgraded to 3 then we got hacked and totally destroyed thanks to mybb Were back hopefully more sacure then with phpbb

(2009-01-22, 10:13 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Love the concept, but the design is kinda a deterant. Sad

What part of the design is a deterrent. is it to many forums or is it the theme or some thing else?

(2009-01-22, 12:32 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the theme at all, and you have a number of spelling errors showing on the forums titles and subjects.

Sorry to be a pain but my spell check isn't catching what your seeing could you please give a few examples of the spelling errors.

Thanks for the opinions please keep them coming.
(2009-01-22, 05:13 PM)fixmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-22, 12:32 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the theme at all, and you have a number of spelling errors showing on the forums titles and subjects.

Sorry to be a pain but my spell check isn't catching what your seeing could you please give a few examples of the spelling errors.

Thanks for the opinions please keep them coming.

Quote:Bug Out Vehickle discussion
From bikes to planes and every thing in between.

Quote:City Survival
Some times you just cant get out. This is ware to find out how to stay safely.

Quote:General chit chat
Any non survival related topick goes here as long as it doesn't go against the rules laid out in the rules and regulations section.

Quote:Food and water

Sub Forums: Forum Contains Water purifacation, Food Preperation, Emergency food sources, Emergency Water Sources

Quote:DIY survival equiptment
When you make it your self you know what you got. Share your Homemade success and failures.
Well looks like I need a different spell check. Ive had the same misspelling's for two years and nobody noticed.Dodgy I'm very embarrassed. Blush

thanks for the help. Ive fixed all the ones mentioned and will be getting a better spell check. I use the one built into firefox.
The transparency is cool, but the main background image (wood) and the bottom portion (the black and white texture) have got to be changed to something less ......complex. Try finding a pattern or design that consists of similar colors so the design is something a bit more solid so the transparency works out better... being that your text is white you'll definitely want something on the darker spectrum... oh.. and the logo/name.. find a better font.. check out dafont.com they got a bunch of free ones.. also, try associating it better with your color scheme. i'd recommend a mix of mainly transparent white with a touch of the neon green...

just my 0.02 Smile
I agree I don't like the theme. Not to mention the logo doesn't fit in at all Toungue.

Also maybe trim down on the amount of boards and break them down into more categories.

As with such a new forum it just makes everything look smaller since it's all spread out Wink.
Yeah the theme needs to be changed. Plus on my older computer it is rather hard to scroll as the theme is too graphics-heavy for my 32MB graphics card to process quickly. Smile