MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: rebuild forum cache php error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea so, i created a script to auto add in forums into my database, and with small amounts of boards say 100 boards, it runs fine, but i have like 4,000 boards added now, and the bloody "forum" Cache Manager just dies and outputs:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4519472 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\projects\world\forum\inc\db_mysqli.php on line 1088
Sounds like you're exceeding a host limit.... Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted...
its on my localhost, is this php or apache?
PHP. You can increase the max mem limit by editing php.ini

Any particular reason why you need to test 4,000 forums?
(2009-01-23, 04:06 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]PHP. You can increase the max mem limit by editing php.ini

Any particular reason why you need to test 4,000 forums?

I was thinking the same, no wonder it's overloaded... Confused
Haha yea well i changed the settings the page loaded, but gave me this:
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Then sat for about 70 seconds loading more and more sql errors :/

I bet my script's input the rows wrong :/ GAh

Well, im not gonna say now, but i just do need them :p
You're exceeding the MySQL timeout. You can either try reconnecting to the DB when you need it, or search up on how to increase the timeout (think it should be in php.ini but not sure).
If you up the memory_limit setting as Yumi said, it should work
I have, before the page wouldnt load at all, now i get mysql errors
(2009-01-23, 11:33 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]You're exceeding the MySQL timeout. You can either try reconnecting to the DB when you need it, or search up on how to increase the timeout (think it should be in php.ini but not sure).

That's probably why you get mySQL errors.