MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can entire new posts in a thread be emailed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I searched and I didn't see it. I'm looking at installing MyBB and I wanted to know if there is an option or plugin to subscribe to a thread and have new posts automatically emailed to the user. I know there is email notification, but I'm looking for forum software where the actual content of the post can be emailed to the user.
Instead of "there have been replies, click here to view" it would have the content of the post.
There's a preview in the email, if yous et the limit to show in the ACP it could show the entire post if you wish.
Hmm, I would say it's not that practical to have the full content of the post to be emailed, and I see why MyBB wouldn't do it by default (I'm not sure if it does, as I've never used the feature!).

For example, MyBB is a lightweight forum system. If there were 15 replies to a thread you've subscribed to, that's 15 emails it has to send to you, in full. If it were the full content-limit of a post, that would be one hell of an inbox, and more than likely, resigned to being marked as spam.

You could always request a plugin for this to be made though. Check the Plugins & Code modifications section at http://community.mybboard.net/forum-73.html.
Is it possible to automatically subscribe to every thread?
NO, You can't "automatically" subscribe to every thread,
and Yes, you do this manually by clicking on the link at the bottom of showthread page