MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help MySql error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog ( uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module, action) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

now i am new to this it took me a while to get this far i get this error while trying to install MyBB

webserver is on my computer trying to setup MyBB
Webserver IIS7 v 7.0.6000.16386
PHP v 5.2.8
MySql v6.0
so if some one could help i would aperate it it is propbly somthing simple it always is
I'm not too familiar with the changes in MySQL 6, considering it's more-or-less just been released. Bear in mind that MySQL 6 is in Alpha development (not finally released, not even in beta), so I'm not even sure that MyBB will support it.

You'll need to wait for a developer to see this thread, or use a more stable release of MySQL.
Hmm, yeah, if it's in that stage of development, it doesn't sound logical to use it. Is it all your host offers??

This is from the MySQL site:

Quote:This alpha release, as any other pre-production release, should not be installed on production level systems or systems with critical data.
ok how har would it to go back to 5.1 or can it be done with few changes
Well as with anything, I don't think downgrading would be supported. If you're hosting this yourself, I'd just get rid of 6 and install the latest version of 5.
no just messing around it is on my own computer i just used cause it was newer did not think there would be much of a differnce like the is my first time doing this php and mysql only ever done simple html pages
You can unload the mySQL 6 and install mySQL 5. If you're using IIS (Windows), then this will the one for you:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/w...ation.html
oh ok is i formated 3 times cause i could never get bye the install of mysql this work so i sorta ran with it i just get so frustrated that why i for mat just easr that way
wish me luck going down to 5.1
Probly going to need help now tho but i wil try any way to get rid of this 6 cleanly then go to 5
http://minitutorials.com/apache/mysql12.shtml

Uninstalling mySQL... the most basic guide I could come across.
Can i use microsofts sql server
Pages: 1 2