MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fresh install...old database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried to upgrade from 1.2.6 to the latest version 1.4.4...w. nothing but problems and no help...now my forum no longer works...

i have a backed up database and i was wondering can i do a fresh install of 1.4.4 then import my old database and everything will be honkey dorry?

www.thescrewshop.com/board
You've either deleted ./inc/config.php or it's empty.

[wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]

Put the code from here into your config.php, and edit the database details to match.
so just do i need to dl my old version (1.2.6) re-install it...then upload the new config file that you just pointed out above?

and then i should be back to square one?
No, I never said to reinstall anything, just open your config.php file, put that code in it, edit the database detials to what they should be, and as long as the database was updated properly, it will work.
i did that and got this error...

Quote:MyBB Error

MyBB has generated a critical error and as a result cannot function correctly.

MyBB Said:

Error Code: board_not_installed

Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Please try clicking the Refresh button in your web browser to see if this corrects this problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you're seeing that I don't think you even have the 1.4 files uploaded.

You're doing something wrong here. Upload a file backup if you had one (you should have made one really), upload the database backup, and just get it back to how it was before.
but when i upload my back up it says the same thing i cant get to anything to upload the old database...
If you can't upload anything to the database, you'll have to ask your host about it. If the backup is in place, and ./inc/config.php is pointing to it, you wouldn't see that error message above.