MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another "last post to blank page" thread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All right. I've checked all of the other threads out in relation to this issue with no positive outcome as of yet. The forum isn't active yet so it was by chance I was editing in the area of this button and happened to click on it, so I'd have no idea when the issue began.

So far only thing I did was revert the forum2/lastpost template but it was default already so no changes there.

How should I troubleshoot this one...?

Thanks
A URL and test account would be helpful...
And that's where the other issue comes in... Smile I'll PM you details.
Hey dude, I'm gonna crash... pretty tired.

Before I go, would it be of help if you had ACP access or something else?...
So what is the verdict Matt? Did you get a chance to login to the account?
Rather than create a new thread I'll revive this as it's still a concern I have. I'll be working on the forum display/thread list layout today so I gotta know whether or not I'll be with or without this feature..

Anyone who'd like to help I'll give you login details. I'll kindly accept advice as well. Smile

Thanks.....
I don't want to deal with it either, trust me... but I must make another attempt at this.
Uhm - remember that debug process I ran through with you? Try doing it with the function files and see if any of them are different file sizes. Does defining no_plugins make it work?
Thanks Tom

I ran through alot of that process on the files I thought might be affiliated to the function...

I'll run through it again with a checklist to be more efficient and I'll also try the no_plugins trick...
I can't remember whether showthread.php was changed in anyway, that's normally the culprit whenever I've seen this problem (not sure what you've tried!).

Checking the function files will help you see any present (and future) problems, but it can also be a skin issue in some cases.

NO_PLUGINS will stop plugins from running so it will help you determine whether it's a file issue (MyBB) or a plugin issue. Let us know the results... Smile
Okk... I feel like an idiot now. I have no idea what to do with this 'define no plugins' code.

But, this is what I have tried in the meantime....

I backed up all of the files (not folders) in the root directory and replaced them all with defaults.
I then did the same to the root of the INC folder.
I changed the header include back to it's default.
I changed the post_pit back to it's default.
Replaced the forumdisplay_threadlist back to it's default.
Replaced forumdisplay_subforums back to it's default.

Even with all of those changes I had no success...

All that is left to attempt is disabling all of the plugins, but I'm not sure how to do that trick. (Not a php guy whatsoever. I just know how to move things around and make minor adjustments) How do I go about this?

Let's hope it's a plugin.. :/
(2009-01-28, 11:58 AM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope it's a plugin.. :/

Let's hope so...

In ./inc/init.php, find:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

Change to:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);
define("TIME_NOW", time());

This will stop all plugins from running. If plugins have modified code though, I'm not too sure whether this actually changes that.
Pages: 1 2