MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post for a FREE TLD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Linky.

I decided to take advantage of MyPlaza. Big Grin

Stock:
.COMs - 100 ForaPoints - 1 Restocked every 30 days.
.NETs - 100 ForaPoints - 1 Restocked every 30 days.
.ORGs - 100 ForaPoints - 1 Restocked every 30 days.
.INFOs - 20 ForaPoints - 1 Restocked every 15 days.

Earning:
1 ForaPoint per Post/Thread of 25 characters or more.
0.2 ForaPoints per reply from others to your thread.
2 ForaPoints per Referral.

Terms:
Please read the terms in the thread linked above.
Quote:1. All domains ordered will be registered under FORAROUSE and are non-transferrable to other registrars.

I believe that's against the TOS of whoever you are reselling for. That's an ICANN rule.

Otherwise goodluck and it sounds like a nice promotion.
Well it's not an actual transaction of money so it's not considered a sale. Essentially the members are posting to have a domain name owned by me pointed to nameservers of their choosing and are allowed to use said domain for their site, at no time did they purchase or have ownership rights to the domains. Also, these are being registered under a personal registrar account, not a reseller. Wink
Wink I'm already there
(2009-01-24, 07:55 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's not an actual transaction of money so it's not considered a sale. Essentially the members are posting to have a domain name owned by me pointed to nameservers of their choosing and are allowed to use said domain for their site, at no time did they purchase or have ownership rights to the domains. Also, these are being registered under a personal registrar account, not a reseller. Wink

You don't make that clear enough imho. As a matter of fact it says otherwise.

Quote:Yup, now you can purchase domains by posting on the forums!

The term "purchase domains" to me implies ownership. You should reword your Terms asap.

Are you 18 btw? If not then any contract you try to enforce is null and void automatically anyways without expressed parental permission.
(2009-01-24, 06:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-24, 07:55 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's not an actual transaction of money so it's not considered a sale. Essentially the members are posting to have a domain name owned by me pointed to nameservers of their choosing and are allowed to use said domain for their site, at no time did they purchase or have ownership rights to the domains. Also, these are being registered under a personal registrar account, not a reseller. Wink

You don't make that clear enough imho. As a matter of fact it says otherwise.

Quote:Yup, now you can purchase domains by posting on the forums!

The term "purchase domains" to me implies ownership. You should reword your Terms asap.
Wording has been fixed. Big Grin

Quote:Are you 18 btw? If not then any contract you try to enforce is null and void automatically anyways without expressed parental permission.
I am over 18 and if I wasn't it wouldn't matter really for 2 reasons:
1) This agreement can be carried out under my LLC which is a legal entity and can enter into agreements.
2) This is not a contract, this is simply an agreement that is not legally binding at all. In fact, these terms set forth inform the members that there is no guarantee and that those terms don't even have to be honored if we do not wish to.

So to sum it all up...
No money = no sale/ownership.
No money = no contact/guarantee.
Use of this service is at your own risk as I have very little to gain and very much to lose. But that is such the risk anybody takes when obtaining something for free.

EDIT: New term added: 12. These terms are not a legal binding contract. This is a free service we are offering and use of this service is at your own risk. You are obtaining the exclusive rights to use a domain owned by FORAROUSE and not the domain itself.

Does that work? I'm trying to keep it short and simple.
http://www.answers.com/obtain?nafid=3

The word obtain implies possession. How about "gain use" or instead of

Quote:Yup, now you can obtain domains by posting on the forums!

Yup, you can now earn domain usage by posting on the forums.

or

You can now gain the use of an actual TLD domain name by posting on our forums.