MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Merger System Is Terrible!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-01-24, 07:28 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried going to 1.2 and then upgrading to 1.4?? That might be better for a 10,000 member forum. Testing beta software on a forum this big is a bit daft.

The system needs testing, and also remember that Ryan writes this pretty much himself.
Yeah. Kudos definitely goes to Ryan for that, especially since he basically did it all himself(from what I've seen) - and that's impressive, as he still develops MyBB as well.
Curious too for which software are you changing from?
PHPBB 3, And your saying i should downgrade to the older version of mybb, and then reinstall the new?
No you can't downgrade, what I mean is transfer the phpBB database to 1.2 using the 1.2 merge system, and then upgrade to 1.4, and see if that works.
Well ive been using my forum today, so i will loose about 400 new members, and 2k posts.
Any way to transfer my current MyBB Forum, to the older version?
Can we have a URL to your forums??

And no, as I said just now, you can't downgrade a forum.
nathandawe send me the link to your forum, FTP details, and the details to an account that is shown a white page when they try to login so I can reproduce.
I sent you a PM.
I fixed this Ryan and posted in bug reports for Merge system because this was an oustanding issue for a couple months. You can read about the fix there.
Pages: 1 2 3