MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Merger System Is Terrible!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im sorry, but if you know there are errors, why release it, why not put it on hold untill its ready Angry

My 10,000 members cant login when i have the Password Plugin thing enables as all they see is a white page when they login.

When i disable the login, my users have to send a password reminder in order to login, and even that doesnt work for some people!!

Help Me!
(2009-01-24, 05:25 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]Im sorry, but if you know there are errors, why release it, why not put it on hold untill its ready Angry

Do you know what "Beta" means?
The software is still in Beta, man. Beta means it's mostly for testing on a LOCAL environment. I even think there's a notice saying it's ONLY for testing on a localhost environment, and should NOT be used in a live forum environment.

Regards,
TomL
Well what do i do now, i have 10,000 members waiting to login that cant!
I gotta update my reset passwords plugin for 1.4x. For now...not sure what you can do. Do you have any php skills at all? Beta is really for people that are comfortable with troubleshooting problems. It's not to be used in live environments for people that don't know what to do in case things go wrong. As you can see...you're in a bit of a pickle. I personally offer paid support for merges so if you want help from me send me a PM and we can discuss it. Completing and fixing merges are time consuming.
sorry man, but this is kinda childish Toungue

this is free stuff supported by very skilled programmers

you should be more thankful and wait to some kind of wisdom from them to solve your problems, not disgrace everyone this way
Uhm, how is it childish? We clearly state it's not to be used in a live environment until it's out of beta. How are we not being thankful, and disgracing people?
(2009-01-24, 07:05 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, how is it childish? We clearly state it's not to be used in a live environment until it's out of beta. How are we not being thankful, and disgracing people?

My post was for nathandawe, not for you, labrocca or tikitiki Confused

I´ve got my first posts in this Forum as Beta Tester in "Merge System Forum" and I´m thankfull to you guys ..
(2009-01-24, 07:24 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-24, 07:05 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, how is it childish? We clearly state it's not to be used in a live environment until it's out of beta. How are we not being thankful, and disgracing people?

My post was for nathandawe, not for you, labrocca or tikitiki Confused

I´ve got my first posts in this Forum as Beta Tester in "Merge System Forum" and I´m thankfull to you guys ..
Ah, alright - my bad, mate:s Well I'm glad you're thankfulSmile
Have you tried going to 1.2 and then upgrading to 1.4?? That might be better for a 10,000 member forum. Testing beta software on a forum this big is a bit daft.

The system needs testing, and also remember that Ryan writes this pretty much himself. One person writing something as complex as the merge system is a quite a big achievement.
Pages: 1 2 3