MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Throttle / Chunk Mass Mails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

I have over 10,000 members on my forum, i need to send them all a mass mail.

My host allows me to send 500 emails per hour.

How can i throttle it so it send 500 emails per hour, and the email reaches all my users after about 2 days?
You can't, necessarily. MyBB uses a script-style cron job to run the emails. So, just refresh your main index a few dozen times or so, or just run the task in the task manager (click the little clock next to the mass mail).

If your server has restrictions, I'm not sure what the outcome of doing that is though...
Hmm, because on VB You can go to the email settings, and 'Batch' it.

"Number of Emails to Send Per Batch
vBulletin includes a mail queuing system to prevent bottlenecks when sending lots of email. Use this option to specify how many emails will be sent per batch."

I was wondering if this is possible, as i need to send 500 an hour. Yet it still goes to 10k members.
What?

In MyBB, when you write a mass mail, it asks how many emails to send "per page". The default is 50. That means for everytime a page is refreshed on your forum (after you finish sending the mail), the system sends out 50 emails. Therefore, the amount of emails sent per hour is actually dependent on how busy your forum is.
Basically guys, what do i need to do to send 500 emails per hour, to 10k members?
(2009-01-25, 11:15 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]So, just refresh your main index a few dozen times or so, or just run the task in the task manager (click the little clock next to the mass mail).

(2009-01-25, 05:46 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]In MyBB, when you write a mass mail, it asks how many emails to send "per page". The default is 50. That means for everytime a page is refreshed on your forum (after you finish sending the mail), the system sends out 50 emails. Therefore, the amount of emails sent per hour is actually dependent on how busy your forum is.
MattR If i understood that i wouldnt ask the question, i wanted a simple answer to what i need to do to be able to send the mass mail.
Basically, from what I gathered from Tom. M's post, is that it only sends it to users who are online at the time.. It's not that hard to understand...
But, you've been given enough info. Just increase the limit per page and keep reloading the page??
Pages: 1 2