MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Cont.) Unable to login via the forum, only acp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem: When logging in via the forum you are redirected with the message "You've been logged in successfully" but are brought back to the page you were, and not logged in.

Ok, Matt has been assisting me with this issue for a few days now, but still no progress as this issue is not a simple fix, apparently. We're both stumped on what to do next. The cookie settings are right, the chmod is right (tried both 666 and 777, neither worked), also replaced the member.php file to it's default as well as different variations of the cookie settings with and without the www aspect, etc...

I'm able to login to the ACP fine, but unable to login to the site itself, so there's obviously something conflicting with the cookie settings in the root folder...

Now, I've invested weeks on end modding my forum and I'm considering backing up everything and trying something new, but I'd have to re-do most everything to get it where it is now... Which is a last, last resort..

So, what I'm trying to find out is what files could possibly be affecting these cookie settings... or which files deal with these settings directly?.. that way I can restore those particular files to their defaults. I'd really appreciate any advice I can take at this point. Without the function of being able to login there is no forum, period... so it's vital I find a solution (hopefully before going to the last resort)

Thanks..
If necessary I'll supply the any access details you need, if you want to take a look at things. Just let me know what you need and I'll PM them to you.
If you still need it, I can take a look. I've been having some problems myself with a new project so hopefully the things I've found could help.

Just need ACP and cPanel (FTP and mySQL) access if possible. Smile
Awesome dude.. I'll give you the info in a couple of minutes..
Problem solved!!.. Thanks Matt, and thanks Tom.. Appreciate the support. Smile