MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email problam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tryed both php option and smtp no luck with ither try the stuff in the wiki changed the stmp stuff in the php.ini trying to set it to my isp smtp i do bleave it requirse ssl with a logon and password not sure
Do you get any errors when you send the mail?
i get nothing
PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: &quot;sendmail_from&quot; not set in php.ini or custom &quot;From:&quot; header missing in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testemail.php on line 6
get that when i use test scrip
Did you try sending the email to yourself? If not, I don't see how you would know if it's working or not.
i singed up on my own board with another one of my emails never get any thin in mail
What do you mean you never got anything? Be patient, too - sometimes it takes mail forever to get delivered:p
i have been trying since noon
should it take 14 hours lololol prity sure somthing wrong
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = [email protected]

thats the way it is now

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtphm.sympatico.ca
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = [email protected]

i had it like this but set it back ither way did not work
PHPMailer-FE_v4.0 found that program how would i use it with MyBB
http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?me...nt_id=1067 info on my isp smtp server it does need logon and password and ssl
This is a paid host right? Not a free one. Should it be a free host they usually do not provide sendmail as a free option. If you have paid hosting check with your provider and they'll walk you through it.

Just a thought..
No i am running IIS 7 on my computer my own webserver but i can not get email to work
you mean get my own smtp server
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

This help??
Pages: 1 2