MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem when changing host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just followed THIS tutorial in order to successfully switch hosts. All appeared to go smoothly, but I soon realised that, in the ACP, I had to re-login at every click I made.
I have encountered this problem before, and know that it is something to do with my cookie settings. This makes sense, as my cookie settings are still that of my old host, but I can't change them due to the problem. I have tried clearing my cache and deleting my cookies, but it hasn't worked.

Does anyone know what to do?
Thanks.

EDIT: I'm also aware that manually downloading and editing settings.php could work, but I've had a problem with doing this in the past, such as, after manually editing my settings I was never again able to edit them through the ACP, so I was forced to re-install.
Edit them in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP.

For future reference, always change board URL settings and cookie settings before the move, otherwise it's a lot more hassle than is necessary.
(2009-01-25, 11:48 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Edit them in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP.

For future reference, always change board URL settings and cookie settings before the move, otherwise it's a lot more hassle than is necessary.

I'll give it a try, thanks.