MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: download mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
everytime i upload a file large than 2mb
the donwlaod mod for 1.2 mybb refreshes and the download doesetn show up, now the max size upload from my host is 15 mb
so whats wrong
There are 2 values that need to be changed to allow files bigger than 2MB to be uploaded. unfortunately I can't remember them off the top of my head.

A quick solution would be to upload the file you want using FTP to your downloads folder, then upload a small temporary file using the downloads manager, and finally editing the download to use the real file and deleting the temporary one.

Unfortunately, until I can find a better way to upload files, I have to use the somewhat unreliable POST method, which has several factors that affect upload limits, and sometimes the user can't change them.
how would i edit the file and use the real one
bump^ any way to do that
After uploading the file you want to the downloads folder, you need to go to the Admin CP. Then in the menu to the left there's an option called "Manage" (selected by default). Just click the download you want and edit the "File" field to be the file you want.

For example, say your folder is 'downloads,' and the file you want is 'file.ext:'
Upload 'file.ext' to the downloads folder using FTP
Create a file called 'blah.txt' or something
In the Downloads Manager, create the project you want, but instead of selecting 'file.ext' select 'blah.txt'
Once the project page has been created click "Manage" and then the project you just created
Change the "File" field (at the bottom) to 'file.ext' (you shouldn't need to have the folder in there)
Test the download page to make sure it worked

I'm sorry you've been having problems with this plugin. [Image: f31_verysad_v3.png]