MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im trying to install mybb but i cant get past Database Configuration

im useing mysql and i have webhosting by yahoo im compleatly lost my site is http://www.hides-n-vibes.com

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

•Could not connect to the database server at 'mysqul.hides-n-vibes.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

Database Configuration
Database Settings
Database Engine: MySQL
MySQL Database Settings
Database Server Hostname:
Database Username: admin
Database Password: ........
Database Name: abc
MySQL Table Settings
Table Prefix:
Table Encoding:

what do i have to do? im totally lost Thanks!
You need to check with your host to see what is the correct username and password is. Although, it seems you've misspelt the database server:

mysqul.hides-n-vibes.com should be mysql.hides-n-vibes.com, no?
Are you sure it's supposed to be mysqul. not mysql.?
honestly i dont know waht my server should be.. n installed mysql in the mysqul diresctory.. that is correct.. but i do not know what it is ...is there some thing specal i need in a database or ablank one? also
is my log in for
mysql waht i should put for database user
ans dassword?
and can i use ant thing for a database name...as long as i created it in mysql?

thanks
If you don't know what to put here, you'll have to ask your host, there's no way at all for us to tell you exactly what to put in any of the boxes.
(2009-01-25, 10:41 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know what to put here, you'll have to ask your host, there's no way at all for us to tell you exactly what to put in any of the boxes.

Thank Yo u.... host being yahoo?? im assuming so! thanks for te help!!SmileSmileSmile