MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Loading.." sticks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you submit a reply to a thread via the quick reply form, and then click edit a thread and use quick edit - sometimes, the "Loading.." box will stay open.

Steps To Reproduce:
  1. Go to a thread and reply
  2. Quickly click "Edit" on a different post in the same thread
  3. Done. With luck, it should stick for some reason.
It's because the server hangs and never sends back the response it's waiting for. I wouldn't consider this a bug because it's an issue on the server.
Can't you make and then check the status of the actions, and maybe automatically set it to close after say, 3 seconds?
(2009-01-27, 12:32 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you make and then check the status of the actions, and maybe automatically set it to close after say, 3 seconds?

Javascript isn't my forte. I'm sure you could with enough effort, but is it really necessary as a bug report?
I'm sure it wouldn't take much to do it. I think it is, but it's just my opinion.
(2009-01-27, 12:32 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you make and then check the status of the actions, and maybe automatically set it to close after say, 3 seconds?

You could make it close after 3 seconds using a timeout, but it's pretty much useless, especially if it disappears before the request is done.
Well you can check the class of the "loading" container, and see if it's set to "active" - showing; or "hidden" - closed. And if it's "active", set it to "hidden" after say..3 seconds.
You'd firstly make way too many moves for such a simple task. Secondly, by removing the loading indicator after hanging will cause more problems than it fixes. I can see it now, users reporting it as a bug for disappearing without having the post posted. Rolleyes
Well, true. But you can always double-check the status once it disappears. It's not really complicated..
(2009-02-01, 07:17 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Well, true. But you can always double-check the status once it disappears. It's not really complicated..

It isn't complicated but it'd probably take longer to make the checks than to actually post the post. Toungue
Pages: 1 2