MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4x] Search Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a handy plugin to view your search logs for keywords. It may help you pinpoint what users are looking for so you can tailor your site for better results.

[Some plugins at Mybb Central are for paid subscribers only]

Plugin Name: Search Log
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 2
Plugin Description: This plugin will add a method to view your search log keywords from admincp.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=2311 <-- Download Link

Thank you.
OOh, cool...

As a suggestion for the next version, could you set it up so it builds charts based on timeframes. That information would be invaluable... Basically, rather than point out the keywords it'd keep a tally on the ones which were most popular for a certain time and show them in a pie chart or bar graph... or does it already do this in some way?

I'll be signing up for your site one of these days L ... but Me and Paypal are not best friends.
This doesn't do any charting. This isn't Analytics...it's a basic log display. All the information is already in the Mybb database but it's not displayed in admincp without this plugin.

Also Mybb task system cleans the searchlog table periodically and empties it out completely.
looks nice but i have an idea... can you modify it for show a latest searched words section on footer or somewhere? (i think it will work like tag cloud then.)
Hmm...that's actually not a bad idea. I never considered that. Let me look into that.
i was thinking about it a long times (nearly from 1.2.6 or 1.2.7) but search.php makes a hash for searchs and i coudnt figure out how can i do that. my plan is easier than this (i will search some words and copy the serach link and make a a href link to them) but this thing is more useful and better than.

by the way if you can reach to Lex- plz ask for tag cloud (the real one Toungue )
seems a paid plugin

make it free pls Sad
Is there such a working plugin search logs for 1.8.x versions?
Any such plugin for 1.8x ???
Thank you.