MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Tags (like in phpbb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I wanted this for my forum, and I heard this is the right place to request it...

I know it's allot to read but, please help me out! - Thanks!

So OK, since I don't like the feature that MyBB uses, which is the one, where you click "Edit>Moderate" I was wondering if anybody could make a plugin like phpbb has...
which is [mod][/mod]

You'd have to click "Edit" and type it in the normal users typing area I believe.

This would be the result:

[Image: modmessage.jpg]

After you click edit, you will get this picture, notice the button I made in MS Paint beside the textfield
[Image: picone.jpg]

Then you type a moderated message like above and, let's say a member broke a rule so, you want to give them the link to the rules page, and you click on the "Moderator Tools" button and a drop down menu like this appears:
[Image: pictwo.jpg]

There you have the following categories: Links, Pictures, User Deffined, Other in the Links area, the administrators of the site, can put in quick-links to what they think the Moderators team would need when they moderate a post, E.G: Rules, Home, etc., same thing with the Pictures link, the Admins add pictures of stuff like, Buttons on the site, so that the member whos post got edited knows what the Staff member is talking about... The User Deffined section is for the staff member to put his own links in of whatever he/she wants... same thing with the "Other" section...
There shouldn't be a maximum number of links a staff member could have, they should be able to have as much as they want, but then the drop down menu should have a scroll down option.

After you moderated the members post, and you want to direct them to the rules page for example, you would click on the rules page, and it would either take you there, by opening a new Tab or, the link automatically copies itself in the textfield like so:
[Image: pict3.jpg]

So yeah if the Drop down menu thing is not possible, that's fine...
But I'm sure the tags are possible for someone to make and, for me to be able to install them on my Forum.

Thanks allot in advance!

And please tell em what you think of this idea....

More info at:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=276861
This should still work for 1.4x.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=8

That's one of my very first plugins.

It's perfect if you run it with this:

http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=1720

That will lock a post after it's been edited by a moderator. So with one you can add the mod mycode tag and the other will prevent it from being edited.
Okay, I figured out how to make a box like this one:
[Image: 2jbmz3q.jpg]

But I just don't know how to put the pictures on the left, to be automatically in the box..

The red line, and the !.

How can I put them in the code..?

My code so far, is all HTML btw...