MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logo help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.4.4. How do I stretch or repeat the logo. Not container size. Logo size. Or if not add a background to the logo. I forget where and searched every where, no answers.
go to your Theme
and click global.css

look for logo and add repeat-x right next to your background if you want your background to repeat.

kinda confused on what you mean hope this helps Big Grin
Can you be a little more specific as to what you want?

Drawing a quick image up with ms paint or something may be of help here so we have an idea of how it needs to be displayed.
Exactly what I need. But in global.css I have no logo section.
Eh?... So, you're directly linking to the image from the header?
Ok... me either actually... now that I look.

So, what exactly do you want to do?
logo=755px or leave logo alone and logo=logo.gif background=logo_bg.gif. Or something like that. Like if my container is 800px so I don't need to make a huge 800px logo. Just use 100px logo and keep repating it left to right so it fills header area. Or if I can't then logo 100 px and a background to make it look like its repeating.
So you want a 100px wide image to repeat 8 times across from left to right...

Well... You'd go to your header template...

Inside of your header find <div id="header">

Place this after it... <table class="headerlogo"></table>
We won't be using any cells in this table.

Now copy this over to your global css...

Place this code at the bottom...

.headerlogo {
        background: #ffffff url(link to the image) repeat-x;
        width: 100%;
        height: 20px;
}

The #ffffff you can change to any hex color...
The height must be the height of the image you're using.

Also, your container must be set to a width of exactly 800px
Instead of the table tag you may also use a div tag... you'll get the same result.
Also, if you don't want this to effect the container you may do it another way...

Let's say you want the container to remain at 900px but want the image to span only 800px.

You'd simply change the container back to 900px or whatever percentage then edit the above code...

Change the width to 800px instead of 100%

Add add this to that class
        margin: auto auto;
The margin auto auto simply centers the logo on the page.
Thanks I'll try this later and let you know.

Edit:

Never mind. I just changed .headerlogo to .logo and got rid of the table now all works.