MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't post smilies nor use mycode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I'm running mybb 1.4.1 and I have this problem. Huh

When I try a new reply/new thread, I can't a) see the mycode box (you know, for quotes, links, etc) and b) can't insert smilies when I click on them.

Some things are known:
- Normal members have no problems.
- Admins and Mods have no problems - the issue is only related to me.
- I have IE version 7.0
- When I click preview post, the mycode box does appear and function properly. The smilies also work.
- Clicking on refresh on new reply/new thread page doesn't help.
- On this forum I have no problem seeing the mycode box nor inserting smilies.

I know the codes for mycode and for some smilies. Though it drives me nuts not having the features my own members have! Wink

Does anyone have a solution?

Cheers,
-MV
This should be in support, not bugs.

And in situations like this, a URL and test account is always useful.

Are you sure you have the editor turned on in your options??
(2009-01-27, 07:34 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]This should be in support, not bugs.

And in situations like this, a URL and test account is always useful.

Are you sure you have the editor turned on in your options??

Ah yes I forgot about protocol.

I checked my CP and the box saying: 'Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages' is ticked on.

Carpe Noctem

Test account: Helping Hand
Password: test20

Cheers for the help,
-MV
Seems to work OK with me (using Opera). My advice would be to reupload the entire contents of ./jscripts/editor_themes/ and ./jscripts/editor.js - these files are required for the editor to work.
Can you atach pictures of what exactly you see? this could help understand your problem better, as you say this is strictly your user that has the problem.

Ori...
I see it fine too. Try unticking it, saving, and ticking again. That's worked for various things in the past.
MattR Wrote:I see it fine too. Try unticking it, saving, and ticking again. That's worked for various things in the past.

Out of my own curiosity, I unticked it and then looked at new reply page again. No surprise here - the smiley box and editor box were both gone. Put it back to normal again and smileys are back.

okitai Wrote:Can you atach pictures of what exactly you see? this could help understand your problem better, as you say this is strictly your user that has the problem.

Yes, from what I can see, I can upload pictures.

Tom.M Wrote:My advice would be to reupload the entire contents of ./jscripts/editor_themes/ and ./jscripts/editor.js - these files are required for the editor to work.

edit: I've tried it, but it didn't work Sad

-----------------------
Cheers for the help people. I hope we can get this bug solved soon.

-MV
Hi guys,

A new reply, because I got some news. First off, I want to thank you guys for helping me.

Then I continued to ponder why I'm the only one not able to view the editor. Bottomline = it wasn't anything about the forum, but my browser was the problem. So I installed Mozilla Firefox 3 ten minutes ago, and the editor comes out fine.

I have no idea what's wrong with my old Internet Explorer (version 7), but it seems to have a wrong setting enabled. I've checked multiple times what it could and with mozilla I think I could figure it out which setting is the problem. But I kind of like Mozilla so I think I'll stick to that. Smile

Anyways cheers for all the help,
-MV
Good to hear that was solved. However, what I meant was that you should take a screenshot of what you see and upload it to here, so we can see exactly what you see.

Ori...
(2009-01-28, 09:05 PM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear that was solved. However, what I meant was that you should take a screenshot of what you see and upload it to here, so we can see exactly what you see.

Ori...

You still want it? I could make it this midday.

Basically it's a probably with the Internet Explorer settings (on options -> advanced). I've checked that multiple times and in combination with Firefox' settings I could find out what's the problem.

(Though I'm lazy and rather keep Firefox.)

Cheers,
-MV
No. Not needed as you found the error. I just wanted to explain what I meant in my first post.
btw, I found that IE8 (for now - in beta stage) has a lot more problems displaying MyBB with some of the templates I saw.

Ori...