MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forums being hacked and deleted as I post this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that even after I demodded and de adminned my staff and restricted post deletion, this afternoon before my very eyes, threads were being deleted. But the posts went from almost 1400 yesterday to about 980 this morning 400 this afternoon when I locked the forums again.

My biggest question is how did they gain access to the sql database to delete the posts? They evidently knew what and where to target and started by deleting my download and workshop sections, the most useful to the community.

Anyhow what is left of my forums are on lockdown and the website is at http://rcthq.sebar.com

Thanks for any help, suggestions or advice.
If it is being hacked, then we aren't going to be able to guess how they have done it.

If your server has access logs being saved then I'd suggest you download them and look at any URL's which were accessed with dodgy information and characters in them instead of the usual tid/uid/pid/fid things.
OK changed my passwords as they recommended and now my other forums get an error 1045.

I better go out for some coffee and donuts. This has been a nasty day.