MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a MyBB forum love the software

Just have a problem with the forum every so often, I receive an email saying a member cannot login to there forums

So they go down the route of getting a new password they then get this password enter it and it says its unvalid

I haven't a clue what is going on, Its just once every 2 weeks or something there is an email in my inbox saying they cannot login

Help be appreciated

Star
Its not that

The members enter the correct username and password but says they cannot login so they get a new password and still can't login with there username and new password

Star
Right, why does it say they can't login, what's the error message.....
See thats the problem there is no message

Just invalid password

Its not everymember its something like one every week or two

Star
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Change the X to the user ID and make sure your table prefix is correct. This will turn the password to simply 'test'. See if that does anything.
Sorry could you run through where this code needs to be added

Also whos password turns to pass ?

Thanks for the support
You need to run that in PHPMyAdmin, change the X to the UID of the user with the problem. Then their password will be 'test' and they should be able to login.
It still wont stop this from happening

Could it be my theme doing this ? Or plugins ? I disabled all my plugins except the one where a message is sent to the new member - Creator dennisTT i think

Star
But the point of this is to see if the database is even being updated...have you tried it or not??