MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently trying to set up a MyBB forum. Not really sure as to what I am doing wrong though. I am at the "Database Configuration" part and can't seem to get it to work correctly. I could possibly be entering the incorrect information. I have installed/upgraded several forums before, but I have no clue what I am doing wrong here.
What error(s) do you get?
Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

Possibly could I be entering the wrong info in some of the fields? I doubt I am, but still. This is driving me crazy.
(2009-01-28, 01:39 AM)BigPete7978 Wrote: [ -> ]Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

Possibly could I be entering the wrong info in some of the fields? I doubt I am, but still. This is driving me crazy.
Could be.
Log onto your hosting account and check the database names etc they have listed. If you dod a copy and paste, make sure that you don't include any extra spaces - really easy to do with copy and paste off the web....
If you don't know what your database details are, you'll have to ask your host, we can't tell you what those are.