MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am running the latest version of MYBB on my own server. I just upgraded from the previous version yesterday. I upgraded hoping this would fix my issue but it did not.

Problem: For some unknown reason, with no changes to any board settings, all forum notifications/emails stopped. For all members. I ran the test script in the Mail:WIKI and it told me that a PHP email could NOT be sent. Again, no changes were made to the server or forum previous to this problem showing up. I switched the mail settings to SMTP, entered my SMTP info, and all seemed well. Members are now getting thread subscriptions, internal emails, PM notifications, etc.

BUT, there seems to be a problem with the Lost Password emails. I can get them but my members can't. I don't know if this is because I am on the same server as the forum or not. New members that registered during the time that emails were not working can not get logged in because they cant receive the emails.

Why would this only work some of the time and only for me?

I don't care which way to set this up. PHP or SMTP just that it works.

I have attached a screen shot of the mail log from today. Obviously there are issues. [attachment=12529]
It means that your server do not have PHP mail enabled. It should be enabled to send mails through PHP. You can find method to enable it through googling.
(2009-01-28, 03:50 PM)DIMSKK Wrote: [ -> ]It means that your server do not have PHP mail enabled. It should be enabled to send mails through PHP. You can find method to enable it through googling.

I never had a problem before so i have to assume it is installed.

However, the problem stated above is using SMTP and not PHP
i suggest you to use Gmail smtp ( easy to set up on mybb )

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44238.html

theres even pictures for seting it up to test it in outlook express

and yes it works cause i use gmail for other things
(2009-01-28, 06:52 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]i suggest you to use Gmail smtp ( easy to set up on mybb )

I have my own server with several domains on it that are running fine. There is no need for Gmail.Wink
have you checked to see if your email server is banned from sending email ?

some times this happnes and then your ip and email are known as spam on the database websites, then you cant send mail cause they re route your email so you cant send mail anymore Sad
i think its called spambuster and then your ip and email get flagged

ive seen this happen to others and the only way to get it out of spam buster is to email them
This is not the problem. Please remember that the forum is sending emails fine EXCEPT for the Lost Password Emails. So it is working, just not for everything.
yah i had this problem to,
theres a fix for it somewhere on the board i think it has something to do with the capcha image ....
then when they come to ask for new password they get 15 minutes to wait and it continues ?

can you tell me if this is it ?
No..thats not it. Everything appears to be fine after you hit submit but the email just never comes.
show us pictures or snap shots how your email settings that are in your ACP
if possiable to see that you have it set up properly

can I have a link to your site and i will join and then test it out

also your domain name is it pointing directly at your static ip or you got a dynamic ip and its pointing at eathier one or other ...
DYNDNS or ZONEEDIT ?

or is this being hosted by your server provider ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5