MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL query permissions/optimize board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
Yesterday I came back to Mybb after the year of break.
I'm converted my phpbb3 board to mybb.

Board adress: http://gamemaniak.pl/forum/

Now...
I have a lots of "forums" (categories), and I would like to set up global permission to all my "forums" because In Admin Panel is a lots of work to change it manualy.

I'm searching for MYSQL query that change it for me. It is possibly?

For example:
UPDATE mybb_users SET showquickreply='1';
this query change all users quick replay ON

How will it look like?
UPDATE mybb_forumpermissions SET xxx='';
or other mysql tables?

I need mysql query/queries that check up all checkbox on that screen:
[Image: screenshot1233165054.jpg]
checkbox - in English "Use default for group"

Sorry for my poor English

I'm waiting for your help Smile

Peter
I'm quite sure you can mass set any forum settings with queries but you'll have to rebuild the forum cache for them to take effect. Take a backup before doing anything like this though.
but problem is how create that queries?
How will it look like?
Which "mysql table" answer to that?
What settings will you want to change?? I'll give you the queries.
I would like in my all categories/forums check the checkbox "Use default for group" for all groups.
You can see 14 groups (I can check groups ID) on the screen.
After a little test...

DELETE FROM `mybb_forumpermissions`

... will do it. May need to rebuild the forums and forumpermissions cache afterwards. Also please make sure you have a backup first.
thanks, that works perfect.
My next question is:
Quote:My board stats:
50,009 posts,3,138 threads, 4,704 users.
Now I have this board on shared hosting but it's move very slowly.
I don't have installed mods but i'm planning to install.
I should change host from shared hosting to VPS? That can help to speed up board? or you know what options in mybb generate high load on server? What VPS system requirements is minimal to carry up my board?

And last question is:
How can I change the background color of this text editor Smile (that's in java files?)
Could you post the debug stats at the bottom of the page here? That will give an indication of the speed.
If you're on shared hosting, take note that another website on the same server could also cause your forums to run slow.
Load wise, the main thing to look for is not the forum size, but the number of users browsing the forums at any given time. Looking at the link in your first post, shared hosting should be suffice for the amount of traffic you're getting.

For the colour of the text editor, check the themes section of the AdminCP.
Thanks
Generated in 0.2382350 seconds (51.73% PHP / 48.27% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 41 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0834930 / Memory Usage: 2.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.6 / Server Load: 3.96 / GZip Compression: Enabled
[advanced details]
Silnik forum MyBB, © 2002-2009 MyBB Group.

Yesterday I open board to public. And now board is after the few visits: 56 users in 24h.
Erlier I work with my administrator to settings options and with 3 peoples board work slowly.

I did'nt have any mods installed (only loginconvert.php - Login Password Conversion from Mybb merge system). Now I installed shoutbox, online today and that's all but I'm planned to install more mods :/

Most users ever online was - 26 but I thing thats numer is with guests. Members max 10 online at the same time.

Questions is:
This is fault os shared hosting?

On VPS like:
hdd: 10GB
cpu: 0,8 GHz
memory: 96MB - 256MB RAM
traffic: 30GB months
board can run faster than on shared? or take something better beacuse I'm planning to integrate Mybb with Joomla portal?
Are You Using Free Hosting? Because On My Hosting I Have 3000GB Traffic.
Pages: 1 2