MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request: "Thanks" plugin that actually works!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current Thank You plugin is fundamentally flawed in that I found at least six topics with the same issue; that when you thank a person, it hangs at "Loading ..." My request is for someone to fix the current plugin, or make a new one.
im actually thinking about making one, stay tuned
(2009-01-28, 09:49 PM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]im actually thinking about making one, stay tuned

If you are, I actually have a few decent ideas for one I think.

1. Able to give promotions based on number of Thanks received.

... actually that's the only feature I think it really needs.
Please make a plugin to "Give Thanks" only to Thread Author, not each post... Vb has a plugin like this, I think it´s very usefull
Some other ideas:

Ways to limit the amount of thanks one can give per day. Possibly based on post count or thanks received? Of course, if you tie Thanks Recieved into promotions system, you can make this dependent on user group. Big Grin
Bumping, any takers?
I think a thread thanks makes a lot more sense than for every post.

And a limit per day would be good. Let me think if I want to take this on.
(2009-02-02, 07:34 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I think a thread thanks makes a lot more sense than for every post.

And a limit per day would be good. Let me think if I want to take this on.

The thing is though, there are lots of reasons to thank a post but not a thread. For example, when we find out the name and release date of a new product, we make a thread for that product. People will post news about the product in that thread. It would make sense to be able to thank those people for entering news into the thread.