MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: index.php as text..??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have recently uploaded a forum to my website.

I don't really understand the CHMODing (I read the wiki...) since i'm simply using Windows Explorer to upload to my ftp server, so I skipped this step but, when I go to the install index.php, it just shows me a page full of php codes..

I'm sure the problem I am having is due to the CHMOD thing...

How can I fix this? Thanks
you have to CHMOD the files or your forum won't run right, and what do you mean when you go to install.php? you mean like edit or what..
It won't show PHP, PHP is executed server-side. If this is what I think it is, you'll have to find a way to CHMOD ./cache/ anc ./cache/themes/ to 777. You can't really just 'skip' that step, it's very important.

Although, I think Dennis said once that CHMODing on Windows isn't needed... double check your board URL setting is correct.

And if not, URL??
When I say index.php as text, I mean that when I browse to it on my website, it shows the code, not the install page.

Heres my website.
Heres the install page on my website.

Thanks guys for helping me out.

P.S: What program do you use to CHMOD?
How did you upload the file? Binary or ASCII?
I don't know, I just extracted directly to the ftp server using Windows Explorer...
did you upload the contents of the mybb folder?
No, the upload folder.
You're doing something wrong here, it's asking me to save the file when I visit it. You need to ask your host why http://stamga.50webs.com/Forum/ shows the directory listing, it shouldn't be doing that.
by the way, upload the contents of the upload folder and not the folder itself.
Pages: 1 2