MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: downloads page error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fatal error: Call to undefined function Downloads_meta() in /public_html/admin/index.php on line 313 .

how can i fix this.
Did you upload all of the files included in the download file for the plugin?
yeah and i get this error , but when I'm deleting meta file it is going back to normal
also how do I add and modify stuff for the downloads??
In the future please post questions about plugins and modifications in the "Mod Discussion & Support" forum. We do not officially support plugins and modifications.

Thanks.
I had this same problem
Attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I add a new download and when I edit one
The above problem is solved by adding a category. The installer script doesn't add a default category, because when I wrote it, I messed up and forgot to test a non-upgrade install. You may also need to add the category templates. You can find what they should be on my site here a bit down the page.
Thanks, that worked Smile
Ok now I have another problem...
When I try to add another download, it doesnt work.
Again, attached a screenshot of what it does when I try
Are the permissions for the downloads and previews folders '777'? That's more or less Unix-speak for "Everyone can read and write to this folder" which the script needs to upload (write) files to those folders.

If you use cPanel, in the file viewer to the right you can see the file/folder permissions. FileZilla IIRC (and probably other FTP programs) allows you to change file/folder permissions too (Read/Write/Execute for all three groups corresponds to '777').
Yup that did it, thanks Smile
One more thing, hopefully the last =/

Other than having to type in "http://www.sitename.com/forums/downloads.php", how would a memeber or anyone else access the downloads page?
You should add a link, probably next to the other links in the 'header' template for your themes. I didn't add the link automatically because I had no idea how to and the fact that at the time I had a custom header template that wouldn't have worked anyway. A quick copy/paste should do the job.
Pages: 1 2