MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After upgrade, the board is slower.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrade to Mybb 1.4, my board is slower now or is it just due to the features of the server I use, or because of having a great database of nearly 350 mb? I don't know why. Before being upgraded, the board was faster and the threads were being opened so fast. I can't open the threads less than 3 seconds at the moment...

Quote:Generated in 3.7447829 seconds (2.66% PHP / 97.34% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 20 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0739629 / Memory Usage: 8.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.8 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled

Server load is generally between 5 and 10.

The features of the dedicated server hosting nearly 40 websites:

# Primergy-Server Econel 230R S1 with Serverworks HT2100 plus HT1000 Chipset
# 1x AMD Opteron 2344 HE, 1x Quad-Core
# 4 GB DDR2-RAM ECC

How can I fix the problem and make it faster? Should I upgrade the processor, RAM or etc? I need your suggestions...
Do you have any database intensive plugins?? Your MySQL is very high.
Your MySQL server takes >3 seconds for as little as 20 queries. Get a hosting with a proper database attached...

If that's your own dedicated box find out what is stressing your SQL server so much that it takes 3 seconds for so few queries.

Server load between 5-10 is defenitely not good.
In fact I don't think so. I use the same plugins (developed for 1.4). It has the following activated plugins:

- Advanced Statistics Plugin (upgraded for 1.4)
- Default Profile
- Hide Links to Guests
- Highlight Own Threads
- MyMood
- Multiple reputations
- Private Messages Admin
- Reputation Manager
- SEO Links!

In the meantime I turned off the similar threads table.
(2009-01-29, 03:09 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Your MySQL server takes >3 seconds for as little as 20 queries. Get a hosting with a proper database attached...

If that's your own dedicated box find out what is stressing your SQL server so much that it takes 3 seconds for so few queries.

Server load between 5-10 is defenitely not good.

It's my own dedicated server...
They should be ok... it does seem to be server side, though.

On a side note, what Advanced Statistics Plugin is it?? I have one in mind but didn't think it had been updated...
Anyway the problem is the fact that it is slow while using showthread.php. Maybe because of having a great amount of posts etc... So I should delete several old threads. Thanks for your help.

Advanced Statistics Plugin (by Smethead) has been updated by Syber.
You can download it from this page.
The problem is your server load / slow database. You should find out what's causing it...