MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: are we even allowed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Are we even allowed to edit this software, and sell it? Matt said we are? I'm just wondering if it's allowed. It's not something I'm doing, but something I might consider, since he brought it up.
I don't think you are. I think you can redistribute it for free as long as you leave all the MyBB copyrights, but I could be wrong..
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38942.html

(2008-10-12, 09:12 AM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]For those not familiar with the GNU GPL v3 license, the GNU GPL license still allows you to use MyBB for free. You may also take a copy of MyBB, modify it and redistribute your derivative version as long as the internal copyright notices are left in tact and your derivative is also distributed under the GNU GPL license.

And Trasion, from what you've asked about editing branding etc, I fully expect you to be releasing a fork at some point.
Woo! So I was right?
But are we allowed to sell it? Or must it be redistributed for free?
(2009-01-29, 10:56 PM)Trasion Wrote: [ -> ]But are we allowed to sell it? Or must it be redistributed for free?
It must be distributed for free..
Aww... Really?
Wanting to take something that you haven't even written and wanting to sell it is a bit off IMO.
As far as I know you can't, but I might be wrong. Why would you want to sell MyBB though? I can only see this if you are going to heavily modify it.
ya, did you hear a echo, just kidding..but u cant sell it, no
Pages: 1 2 3 4