MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error at Start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just ftp'd all of the "upload" files to my "forum" subdirectory and then typed the following URL:
http://www.karenlifecoach.com/forum/install
The MyBB Installation Wizard appeared, and I then clicked on the Next button to view the license agreement. I've tried this several times, and re-installed the files twice. Every time, I get the same response-- redirected to a page from my webhost, indicating that the server could not find the file.
Just so you know, when I did CHMOD, I discovered that there was no /inc/config.php file, although there was a /inc/config.default.php file. I changed the permissions on that file as well as all the others in accordance with the online installation manual.
Anyone have a clue why I cannot start the installation process?
Thanks in advance, Karen
Rename config.default.php to config.php and see if that works.
(2009-01-30, 12:14 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Rename config.default.php to config.php and see if that works.

Tried it, same result. Notably, the config.default.php file is empty. Is this file supposed to contain some settings?
No. It will once the installation completes.
[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you get a message saying a file can't be found, you probably haven't uploaded it. Or PM me details and I'll do it.