MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discussion about iSpy plugin (split from being annoyed about 'like vB' requests)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is only one vBulletin plugin (that I know of and like) that I wouldn't mind having, just because I think it's cool.
(2009-01-29, 10:55 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one vBulletin plugin (that I know of and like) that I wouldn't mind having, just because I think it's cool.
What would that be?
Ah. Wouldn't be hard to AJAX'ify the RSS feed. But if it was done, I think an option would need to be so a user can turn it on or off. Or maybe make a link in the feed saying "Turn off autoreload", or somethingToungue
(2009-01-29, 11:08 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. Wouldn't be hard to AJAX'ify the RSS feed. But if it was done, I think an option would need to be so a user can turn it on or off. Or maybe make a link in the feed saying "Turn off autoreload", or somethingToungue
The way it works on vBulletin is it's just like the 'View new posts' page, except that it loads the new posts as they come in. So it's a separate page. :]
(2009-01-29, 11:11 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-29, 11:08 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. Wouldn't be hard to AJAX'ify the RSS feed. But if it was done, I think an option would need to be so a user can turn it on or off. Or maybe make a link in the feed saying "Turn off autoreload", or somethingToungue
The way it works on vBulletin is it's just like the 'View new posts' page, except that it loads the new posts as they come in. So it's a separate page. :]
Meh. Still easy to doToungue
(2009-01-29, 11:12 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. Still easy to doToungue

Indeed it is.
Then someone do it!

I would but I have no idea where to start. :[
(2009-01-30, 12:44 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Then someone do it!

I would but I have no idea where to start. :[
Explain what it is EXACTLY that you want it to do, and what you want it to do and I'll attempt it.
Threads split because I kind of derailed the other thread without meaning it..

So, as for how it should work..
This is what the current one looks like on a forum that I visit occasionally:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/d...638479.png
Run down on how each of the columns work:
Event: "New Post" or "New Thread" - I guess
By: Poster's username and time of post
Thread/post: Thread title (or in MyBB's case it would probably just be the title of the post - so if the event is a new post then it would be "RE: blah blah") and a little preview of the post/thread -- Personally I don't see the necessity for view and post counts of the entire thread, but if it's not hard then throw it in
Forum: Self explanatory

Towards the bottom it fades the last few events gradually, like so:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/d...113022.png

Something that may help you:
http://leftlogic.com/lounge/articles/jquery_spy

Let me know if you need anything else.. or if you're not interested any more. =P
Pages: 1 2 3