MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to create 3 or more calendars, to be viewed by specific lists of people. In theory, this seems to be easy to set up. But I think it might be a bug... If not, please help!

Anyway, here's what I've created:

1) Have a default calendar that registered users can see, along with super moderators and administrators
2) Have a client calendar that pertains only to one group, plus admin & super moderators (registered can't see this)
3) Have a company calendar that pertains only to admin & super moderators (registered and client can't see this)

Here's what I've done:

1) Created a custom user group (my client)
2) Set the permissions of the client calendar so only the client, administrators, & super moderators can view, add, or moderate events
3) Set the permissions of registered users so they can only see the default calendar

Now, by setting the permissions, it works fine.

However, here is my problem:

1) When calendar order is set, it changes the hyperlink on the main forum page. If "default" is set as #1 and I'm logged in as client, it says that I don't have permissions to see the calendar (doesn't give me the option to select "client calendar")

2) When I set the "client" calendar to #1 in the list, and when I log in as client, this hyperlink works to get to the client calendar.

3) If the "client" calendar is still set to #1, and I log in as a registered user, it tells me I don't have permissions, because client is set to #1, and "default" calendar doesn't come up from the hyperlink.

I've tried to set each calendar to #1, but this doesn't work. It still takes whichever calendar is set to the lowest number and that's what the hyperlink points to. If I set all to "0", or "1", or change the order from default to client to company, neither combination works.

Is there anything I can do to the php code to make this work?

Thanks!
-Ross
Ok so what I did (for now) is made the default calendar blank.

There apparently needs to be at least a default calendar for the link to work.

Maybe I can use a couple IF statements to have that hyperlink open a calendar based on what the user is "subscribed" to.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
You're going to have to give a URL and some test acount so we can actually test it Smile
(2009-01-30, 08:57 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You're going to have to give a URL and some test acount so we can actually test it Smile

http://www.punchmark.com/forum
username: test
password: test123

Right now, so you can see my problem, there are 5 calendars set to "1" in the order in which they appear. I would like it if they can see their own calendar first, (test) without having to see a default calendar, which I don't care about. I'd rather have a particular client be able to cut to the chase, and go right to his/her own calendar.

So, if you log in as "test", you will see "You do not have permission to access this page" because the default calendar has limited permissions. But how do I get the "test" calendar, which I created specifically for the group "test" to come up instead?

Can this be done? Probably with a little php tweaking... I'd like to make it so the calendar link is dynamic, depending on what group you're in. Or, the calendar selector could appear there, and whatever calendar pertains to whichever group, this calendar will show.

Thanks,
Ross
Ok I'm just going to assume this is a hard coded thing that cannot be changed.

I was trying to use it for client management, but I guess it wasn't built for that.

Maybe in the next update, you can change it so that default calendar doesn't have to be first on the list, and the calendar link is set to whichever calendar the group is subscribed to.
Ok I guess I'm just going to call this is a bug, assuming that it's not a permissions issue, or something that I did, but just a default calendar preference that I can't change.

To restate my conclusion: The default calendar must be shared within any group, and is hard coded into the "Calendar" link on the home forum page. Unless the first calendar on the list is viewable by everyone, (either listed in order as #1, or first alphabetically) your user will get an error message that they don't have permission to view their calendar. So, in order to have user-specific and group-specific calendars, you must have a default calendar with general permissions, and then the user can pick his/her calendar as a secondary calendar. In other words, you can never put the user-specific calendar first, because when you log in as another user, you don't have access to that calendar unless the default calendar is first.

Can anyone out there in mybb land confirm this???

Pretty please?

Any moderators, developers, friends?

Aliens?

Someone?

Hello?