MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread view count not increasing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again guys!

I have a strange problem for you today.

It seems that the number of views is not increasing each time a thread is opened.
For example, this thread has been replied to 5 times, but there is only 1 view.

[Image: screencap3fs5.jpg]

One thought I had is that the view count is not increased by being opened by the thread author.
And it may be the same for someone using the same IP as the author.
Is that correct?

If not, what section of the template would I need to look in for an error.

Many thanks for your help.
link please?
If you have a favicon plugin, remove it, it's that.
Damn!

I was hoping that you were not right MattR......but I should have known better.
I deactivated the favicon plugin created by Zaffa93....and now my views are increasing.

Is it possible to have a favicon AND increasing thread views?
Yeah, if you just upload the .ico image to your forum root folder (same place as index.php, online.php, member.php etc etc) most browsers will find it. You can also put this in your headerinclude template after the other meta tags:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="URL to the .ico file goes here">

Just incase some old browsers like IE6 don't find it.
(2009-01-30, 09:28 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]...Just incase some old browsers like IE6 don't find it.

I've made a couple of .ico files, but I was also able to get this to work with a 16x16 .jpg graphic:

<link rel="icon" type="image/jpg" href="favicon.jpg">

Does anyone know if that should work in all (or most) browsers?
(2009-01-30, 09:28 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You can also put this in your headerinclude template after the other meta tags:

MattR.....

Can you point me to where the headerinclude template is please?

(2009-01-30, 09:40 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]I've made a couple of .ico files, but I was also able to get this to work with a 16x16 .jpg graphic:

<link rel="icon" type="image/jpg" href="favicon.jpg">

Does anyone know if that should work in all (or most) browsers?

seeker.....

I am only a noob so dont quote me on this, but I think that the favicon must be an .ico file.
I just changed the file extension of my .gif to a .ico and it worked.
Headerinclude is at Templates & Style => Templates => Default Templates => Ungrouped Templates.

Seeker, that works in most cases as far as I know. But there's plenty of online (free) converters on Google....
You little rippers!

Once again MattR and Tom.M have helped me out of a fix.
All done!

I guess Ungrouped Templates is another phrase for Miscellaneous Templates!